Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday RC3...

So today was the 3rd anniversary of our planted church here in Cincinnati. And let me just say that the service was AWESOME!!

God has just showed up in such power with this church that sometimes it is beyond my comprehension. This church started 3 years ago with maybe about 50 people (including children) and now, 3 years later, we have so many people that we need two services! And I've been told that nearly 90% of planted churches fail within the first couple of years. So God is definitely doing something here!

Today's service really rocked because we managed to fit everyone in the same room for one service. And God showed up big time! We celebrated our 3rd birthday and the worship was incredible. I literally had tears streaming down my face (you can ask anyone who sat around me) and I am in no way ashamed of that. In fact, I am really excited about what God is doing in our community.

We have been able to make an impact in our community, reaching out to folks in need and spreading the good news about Christ. But most importantly, we have been able to build relationships and share God's love with people in the community and we have seen probably over 100 people give their lives to Christ since the church started. Incredible!!

You can just see Him moving in our church and in our community. He has taken a group of ordinary people and He is making our lives extraordinary. And I am so thankful to be a part of it!!


No comments: