Sunday, January 25, 2009

A New Hallelujah...

So this weekend, I had a pretty cool thing happen...

I finally graduated from the RAFFA Discipleship School!

That's right! It's now been almost two years since The Lord brought Brother Larry into my life and I sit in awe at what God has accomplished in me since then.

When I think back to where I was before RAFFA, I can't believe how little I actually knew about who God was. I'm not talking about knowing things about God, but rather I am talking about knowing him personally. As a person. As my Heavenly Father.

Enrolling in the school was probably the best decision I've ever made in my life. Which is ironic, because I really didn't even make it myself. That night back in May of 2007, when Brother Larry came to Cincinnati and spoke about the school, I felt The Lord telling me that I needed to enroll. So I took a leap of faith and I am so glad that I did!

I can't even begin to describe the changes The Lord has brought about in my life through Brother Larry and through the RAFFA school. The school teaches you how to develop and nourish a personal and intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father. And for me, The Lord used the school to teach me about myself too. Who I truly am in Him. He has brought me healing, identity, purpose, and joy unspeakable!

It's funny now to look back at who I used to be. My friends will all tell you about the changes they've seen in me. And I've noticed them more lately too. The old me who used to grumble and complain about everything, and who used to feel so guilty, shameful, and unworthy of God's love whenever I didn't quite meet His standards, and who used to worry so much about my future and what other people thought about me... that person is gone!! I am a new creation! And I am a son of God, the same God who is the creator of the entire universe! I finally understand what it truly means to be "born again" and to die to yourself daily to be able to walk with Christ.

The Lord has liberated me and I have never felt better! He has healed past heartaches and pains, brought me courage and confidence, and He is still working on me and molding me into a powerful man of God! I know that someday soon, He will use me in a powerful way to bring glory to Him and His Kingdom! Hallelujah! Glory to God. Glory to God forever!!

We had the graduation ceremony Friday night, complete with homemade dinner. The dinner was excellent and it was great to spend such a great evening with my close friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ. I was pretty excited that Julie decided to come with me to the graduation ceremony. The school has meant a lot to me because of the changes God has brought to my life through it. And it was all the more special to have her there with me. We posed for this great photo.

I think that our photos together get better every time!

So since I have now been through the RAFFA school, I am starting to see some cool things that God is doing in our church and in the community. People are being drawn to Christ and their lives are being changed forever. Even so-called "veteran" Christians are experiencing God at a whole new level or for some such as myself, in a whole new way. People are serving and showing love to the community and our worship is off-the-charts awesome! God is clearly making Himself known in this church and He is going to use His church to revolutionize the world. Cincinnati is only the beginning. Get ready for a new hallelujah!

The Lord has really been putting this song on my heart right now. Maybe because He is allowing me to see what He is doing in the church and community. But it is so appropriate. There is indeed rising up a new generation of followers who are not going to settle for their parent's "religion." They want to know our God in a much more personal and intimate way, the way it was intended to be. And this new generation will rise to a new song. A new hallelujah. And I think it is happening right here in our church, right before our very eyes!

This song just reminds me of the folks who have been through the RAFFA school. God has allowed every one of them to break out as new children of freedom. And He has strategically placed Brother Larry and the RAFFA school close to our church for a reason. I think He will grow our church into a model of what He originally intended the church to be, which is the very bride of Christ. And I could not be more excited!!

_____________________________________

"A New Hallelujah"

Can you hear, there's a new song
Breaking out from the children of freedom
Every race and every nation
Sing it out, sing a new Hallelujah!

Let us sing love to the nations
Bringing hope of the grace that has freed us
Make Him known and make Him famous
Sing it out, sing a new Hallelujah!

Chorus:
Arise!
Let the church arise!
Let love reach to the other side
Alive! Come alive!
Let the song arise!



1 comment:

a. paragon said...

I think that what God has given you through this experience is awesome! I am so glad I saw you as a follower on Cara's blog-- I enjoy seeing what's going on in your life so many years after leaving OSU. I really hope you remember me or this could seem weird!

Blessings,Amy Dalton-Paragon