Monday, April 27, 2009

I Love the 80's...

Last weekend, I had a chance to step out and have a little fun. For those of you who know me, I have never been one to seek out themed parties that require you to dress up and be silly. But this time, it just felt right.

So last weekend, we had a Totally 80's Party!! That's right. To celebrate Amanda and April's birthdays (and to, well, just have some fun), we had a party where it was all 80's, all the time. We all came dressed in 80's outfits and rocked all night to some awesome 80's tunes. Excellent!!


It was a little difficult digging up some 80's clothes. After all, I wasn't even in grade school yet for most of the 80's. But I did find a Cosby-style sweater in my dad's closet a few weeks ago and added some stone-washed jeans and "pegged" them at the bottom. And there you go. As cool as the Fresh Prince himself. Check out the photo! Man, why did we ever stop tight-rolling our jeans? I'm determined to bring it back into style!

Of course, the ladies had some awesome outfits too. Julie wore a sweet 80's t-shirt with the classic sweat socks. And you can't forget the radical 80's heavy eyeliner and side pony-tails. And some of the other ladies went all-out. April! What is with the blue hair and matching gloves!!?? And Grace! The eye-liner streaks!! Awesome!!

I wish I could have had some more time to find a better "80's" outfit. But all in all, a good party. And a fun one too. I wonder what our next theme will be?



No comments: