Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baby Kyle...

So last weekend, I finally got to meet the newest member of our family... my new nephew!!

Kyle Matthew was born over a month ago, on February 11th, but he was about 7 weeks early. So before he was cleared to come home, he was held in the hospital for a few weeks so he could build up his strength. So I wasn't able to see him until last weekend. But it was worth the wait!

Baby Kyle is so little! He was born only 5 lb, 1 oz, and 18 inches long. But he is also growing fast. My mom says that he reminds her of what I was like when I was born. I was an early baby too, and about his size and coloring. So I told my mom that maybe that means that someday little Kyle will grow up to be as good looking as I am! haha...


Although, I'm quite sure that he will be taller than me, given that his dad is over 6 feet tall. Some things in life just aren't fair...

So I finally have a nephew! I was starting to think that my sisters weren't physically able to have boys! I'm pretty excited about finally having a nephew. Don't get me wrong, I love my nieces to pieces (haha... great rhyme!), but it's cool to finally have another man in the family to even up the sides a little bit. I'm looking forward to the day when I can buy him Transformers and GI Joe's and teach him all about Ohio State football!

But it was a great weekend overall. In addition to seeing little Kyle, Kaitlyn, and Brittany, I also got to see my parents and my Aunt Teresa. And then on Saturday, Bethany came over with Lexi and Jill. It was good to see everyone, since by my recollection, I hadn't seen any of them since Christmas! Except for my dad of course, who made the trip with me to the Rose Bowl.

The girls are growing up so fast! Kaitlyn knows a lot of new words now and she loves Ariel and WALL-E. And Jill can't crawl yet, but she loves walking with "help." Before you know it, she'll be walking and getting into everything. And Lexi still loves Chicken Nuggets... although now she can pronounce it all instead of saying "Ticken Wuggets."

Enjoy some more pictures from last weekend!

























1 comment:

Nola Ginter said...

What a proud Uncle Benny! How can any four grandchildren look so different? I am thinking that some day Baby Jill will rule!