Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tales of Interest...

So as some of you know, one of my favorite TV shows is the old "Futurama" series. Even though there haven't been any new episodes in awhile, there are many reasons why I enjoy watching old re-runs of the show. There are lots of nerdy jokes that only us sciency-engineering folks get, there is plenty of clever storywriting, and I challenge you to find a show with a more diverse cast of memorable and loveable characters. And last but not least, I'm a sucker for the enduring romance story between Fry and Leela.

The Futurama series had a few episodes that were entitled "Tales of Interest." Basically, these episodes each consisted of three short stories that were interesting, but somewhat non-sensical, as they didn't really follow the overall flow of the series in general and had no lasting consequences for future episodes.

Anyways, in homage to Futurama, I've created the first of my own "Tales of Interest" blogs. Maybe there will only be one, but maybe there won't. Who knows?

So anyways, a few weeks ago I had an exciting evening out with some friends from church. We got together a group of guys and went bowling. Now, I understand you may be thinking that bowling in itself is not that interesting. And most of the time it isn't. But this time was interesting for me.

I turned in a score of 178! That's a new all-time best for me!

Normally, I don't like to brag on myself, but come on! You don't get many chances like this! Typically, I bowl anywhere between 90 and 120, but I was just on fire this time. I got 5 strikes, 2 spares, and only missed 6 out of 110 possible pins. I don't know if I've ever even scored that high on Wii bowling!















I was so pumped that I took a picture of it with my cell phone. Just so I would have a record of it (of course, I am the bowler on the bottom).

Tales of Interest: You've read it! You can't un-read it!

No comments: