So as part of a "rewards" program at work for doing such an outstanding job, our entire GEnx engineering team was treated to an afternoon at the Dayton Air Show this year. I thought it was a great idea. What could be better than a bunch of jet engine engineers hanging out at an air show? You can bet that we talk about the show a lot differently than most folks!
So the company reserved a private chalet tent for us complete with catered food, full restrooms, and even air conditioning! Pretty classy!
And the best part was that each of us got to bring one guest. So I asked my dad to join me and he hesitated for about a nanosecond before saying yes. When I was a kid, my dad used to take me to the air show almost every year. But it had been probably about 10 years since we had been to the air show together, so it was a nice trip down nostalgic lane. So last Sunday I was able to spend a fun day at the air show with my dad. I introduced him to some of my co-workers and we watched the Blue Angels do their magic in the sky.
Enjoy some of the photos I took. I apologize that my zoom is not the greatest, but I think I did ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment