Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taking a Breath...

So I have been outrageously busy over the last few weeks...

I have been working a lot of hours lately just because I have so much work to do and I can never seem to get it all done. Sometimes I need to remind myself to just step back and take a break. Re-energize. Reload. Restore.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." -- Psalm 46:10

Father gave me an awesome reminder of that yesterday. After going into work for a bit to get some more stuff done, I came home and pulled into my driveway. I went out to get the mail and on the way back in, I noticed something cool.

A praying mantis was walking across my driveway! I have no idea how rare it is to see one, but I've heard that they are somewhat rare. So I went inside, grabbed my camera, and took advantage of the opportunity to snap a few photos of one. Sometimes, I often feel the need to exercise my artistic and creative side. So I wanted to share these photos with everyone.











In this age that we live in, it is so easy to get wrapped up in our busy lives and everyday activities. And it's even easier to spend what free time you do have plopped in front of the TV. But I thank Father for reminding me that His creation is amazing in every way. And I'm glad that He reminded me to slow down and take some time to enjoy it. It would be a shame if I missed out on it.

No comments: